Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Trip Part III

So much happened while I was back home in Canada. Over the next few weeks I will share with you how God blessed my life during this challenging time. For those of you who are wondering my mother’s operation went extremely well and she is recovering nicely. Praise God for his healing power and the talent he gave to my mother’s surgeon.

Yes this is part three. I wrote two installments of this journey prior to this that are not quite finished I will add them in the next few days.

The Least

It was early morning and unseasonably cold for mid august in southern Ontario. As I was leaving to take my mom to the hospital I saw him out of the corner of my eye. He was sitting in a heap on the bottom stair of the building entrance. His shoulders slumped in resignation, his cloths filthy and stained. His hair was wild and unkempt but there was something about him. I turned to walk across the street and suddenly stopped. It was as if a large hand signaled in front of me STOP! Turn Around and look at him. I did so obediently. I found myself walking back toward him my hand reaching in my pocket to find whatever money was there.

I walked up to him and asked “are you alright friend?” His response was a startled almost panicky look. But those eyes…

Have you ever looked in the eyes of another person and knew you were looking straight at Jesus? That morning I knew I was. I offered him a two dollar coin and suggested he go get a coffee. As I prepared to leave I said “God bless you my friend”

I then turned and walked to the car and caught up to my parents in time to open the door and get in. They had not seen what had happened. As we drove away I looked for him to see where he was, had he gone to the coffee shop? He was no where to be found. Under my breathe I said a short prayer of praise thanksgiving and deliverance. For I knew that my God was with me; for the difficult journey ahead. Was this guy real or an opportunity to be be faithful in giving to one of the least of our brothers?

Father thank you for lighting my path

Thank you for walking always by my side

Even when the road was unsure

You were there

Even when my frustration and anxiety threatened to boil over

You were there

When I felt claustrophobic and restrained with the living scripts of my past

You were there

You gave me hope,

You gave me peace,

You loved me even when I tried to stray

You were there

Praise you father

Praise your name, your power, your mercy

Praise your Holy and victorious name

Amen

No comments: