Monday, February 9, 2009

Limping Out: Final

the journey back to normalcy was almost as fascinating as the exodus from the mountains. A week after the event still limping badly I attended worship for the first time. Raising my arms in praise was a new sensation. My chest stung as I did so. My heart leapt for joy. Tears streamed down my face as I realized what God had done for me anew.

Two weeks after in my small group we worshiped again. This time as I sang the words of Mercy Me "We all fall down" No I am not making this up. As we sang this song the words came alive. This was true worship. The stinging of my chest was a gentle reminder of my ordeal while the words echoed in the hills. God spoke to me in this moment. 

I was with you always you did not need to hear from me. I am with you always. I walked you out.

I was stunned. In an instant the whole journey made perfect sense. All the times he spoke to me. All the guidance, the protection, the laughter, it was all him. I was stunned. 

Please do not think I got all this the day of the accident I had no clue. It took two weeks and time in worship for it to be revealed.

Throughout this time I believed I was already healed. Nothing broken, just bruises. Through these stripes God wanted me to learn a lesson. My ribs did not crack, my ankle did not break, ligaments intact. How could this have happened? 

Did you catch the psalm?

Praise be to the LORD, 
       for he has heard my cry for mercy.

 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
       my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. 
       My heart leaps for joy 
       and I will give thanks to him in song.

I love it when I get to see a part of God's plan come together.

Praise be to the father the son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen

1 comment:

Dan King said...

Dude, amazing story! Glad you're back and okay!