Saturday, April 12, 2008

Photos of God's country

Earlier this year I posted a two part story on a hike I took with God just after Christmas. Believe it or not it took me till now to get the pictures off of my wife's camera. I want to share a few of them with you as they turned out amazingly well and so clearly validate the story of my journey. Go back and have a look at the posts here Part 1 and here Part 2


The trip started with about a 4-5 mile hike upward. Part way up (about 3 miles) there is a plateau I talked about in the post. I stopped there to finally touch the pine trees that had stood sentinal over my time in Southern California.




















The view into the valley below was stunning and vast, too vast to take in all at once.
















Leaving this place I hiked further upward stopping only to take in the breath taking beauty of the mountain range.















Midway through the hike I came across a solitary fireplace chimney















Finally I rested beside streams of cool mountain water and prayed.




















This truly was a time of great intimacy with God and a journey I will repeat. I encourage you to find your own way to take solitary time with God as well you will not regret it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.