Saturday, September 29, 2007

Life is Funny...


Did you know I have three blogs? Did you know that I teach leadership development? That is the topic of the other two blogs. It is my gift, my calling. I love it when I am given the opportunity to help others grow. Other than in praise or prayer, this is the time I feel closest to God.

Did you know that my deepest passion is in this blog? I hope so, I hope that is clear in my words here. I shared a recent post with my Pastor as an encouragement for him. I wanted him to clearly know that he is making a difference for Jesus. It was a wake up call for me since I have never considered how this blog reflects my soul. I have simply opened up and wrote from deep inside. He asked me if he could share it with others. Gulp! I hadn’t thought of that!

You know though, life is funny. This is not so much my story as much as it is God’s glory. It is him acting in me that created this blog and all its content. Often I am aware that the Holy Spirit is writing for me. Really, I am not that good a writer.

My passion is for the Lord and what he is doing in this world through me. As I sit here I can think of at least three posts I am compelled to write for this blog. Sure I can come up with content for the other blogs but in this current season of my life they seem less important than sharing moments of my faith journey with each of you. May God be glorified!

Thanks for reading. It is my hope that this post is useful to you in some small way. Perhaps some struggle I relate will strike a chord in you and help you in your journey. Perhaps it is a small encouragement. For whatever it is, I praise God.

Dear Heavenly Father

For months now I have spoken to you

Asked you to heal broken relationships

Mend hearts, heal bodies, calm minds

I have asked for peace, redemption

Wisdom, love, knowledge, patience

Grant this Father

You know the depths of my soul

You know the stains on my heart

Today and every day I am an open book

I reveal to you all that I am

Search me father and know me

Correct my wrong ways

Create in me a clean heart Oh God

Renew my spirit

May all my days be in you

My hope, my life, my destiny

They are forever yours

My Lord, My God

Amen

No comments: